An Internet-based application delivering video-based education and training on safe moderate sedation practices.
Thank you for visiting Conscious Sedation Consulting's Sedation e-learning Database and Training / Education website. Conscious Sedation Consulting is an authorized reseller of SeDaTE, who currently offers the lowest price for individual users of this educational experience.
The software tracks each participant’s progress through the course, tests their expertise on the subject matter, asks them to evaluate the course, and finally, complete a moderate sedation compliance statement that they’ve reviewed the course and accompanying materials.
SeDaTE is designed to educate non-anesthesiologists who provide moderate sedation in a variety of healthcare settings to do so safely.
After completing this activity and reviewing the accompanying materials, the Sedation Policy and its Appendices, participants demonstrate that they should be able to:
• Assess a patient and relative risks prior to a procedure that involves sedation;
• List the medications commonly used for sedation;
• Operate monitors and document patient status during the procedure and recovery;
• Recognize and effectively treat airway compromise;
• Intervene in a timely fashion to rescue and resuscitate the patient as needed;
• Participate in data gathering and performance improvement activities.
After participants complete the course and review the accompanying materials, they are asked to take a 20-question post-test and demonstrate that they participated in the program. A passing grade of 80% is required to successfully pass the Moderate Sedation Education & Training Course. If participants fail the test, they review the course and retake the test until a passing grade of 80% is achieved.
The post-test and evaluation of the program will also be the mechanism by which participants receive Category 2 Continuing Medical (CME) credit.